A G E N D A
A REGULAR MEETING OF THE
EMERALD COAST UTILITIES AUTHORITY BOARD
TUESDAY, JULY 27, 2021
ECUA BOARD ROOM
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
9255 STURDEVANT STREET
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
4. PUBLIC HEARINGS (None)
5. OPEN FORUM
(a) Recycle Star
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
F. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-46
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF BID AND AWARD OF CONTRACT TO ALLIED UNIVERSAL CORPORATION OF MIAMI, FLORIDA, FOR SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
G. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-47
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXTENSION OF THE CONTRACT WITH SOUTHERN IONICS, INC. FOR ALUMINUM SULFATE AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
H. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-48
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO SIGN AN ENGINEERING SERVICES PROPOSAL FROM TANK INDUSTRY CONSULTANTS (TIC) IN THE AMOUNT OF $113,890 FOR DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION PHASE SERVICES FOR REHABILITATION OF THE PCC TANK; AUTHORIZING THE USE OF FUNDS FROM RW817 ELEVATED TANK MAINTENANCE.
I. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-49
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE AN INTERLOCAL COST-SHARING AGREEMENT WITH ESCAMBIA COUNTY FOR THE COST OF WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT ON CHEMSTRAND ROAD; AUTHORIZING THE TRANSFER AND USE OF PROJECT FUNDS.
9. CONSENT AGENDA
A PRELIMINARY RATE SETTING RESOLUTION PROVIDING FOR NOTICE AND PUBLIC HEARING CONCERNING THE PROPOSED ESTABLISHMENT OF REVISED SANITATION SERVICE CHARGES.
A PRELIMINARY RATE SETTING RESOLUTION PROVIDING FOR NOTICE AND PUBLIC HEARING CONCERNING THE PROPOSED ESTABLISHMENT OF REVISED WATER AND WASTEWATER RATES AND CHARGES.
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE AWARD OF BID 2021-05 AND ISSUANCE OF AN ANNUAL SERVICE CONTRACT FOR GROUNDS MAINTENANCE FOR THE CENTRAL WATER RECLAMATION FACILITY, REGIONAL LIFT STATIONS, AND THE GUILLEMARD STREET STORAGE TANK.
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT WITH LITVAK BEASLEY WILSON & BALL, LLP FOR ATTORNEY SERVICES AT SPECIFIED RATES AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
10. BUDGET REPORT
11. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
12. ATTORNEY’S REPORT
13. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
14. NEW BUSINESS
15. BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
16. OPEN FORUM
The next regular meeting of the Emerald Coast Utilities Authority Board is scheduled for Tuesday, August 24, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. in the ECUA Board Room at 9255 Sturdevant Street, Ellyson Industrial Park.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision made by ECUA with respect to any matter considered at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings thereof. Since ECUA does not make verbatim records of its proceedings, such person may need to independently secure such a record, which should include the testimony and evidence on which the appeal is to be based.
Pursuant to the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECUA will make reasonable modifications for access to ECUA services, programs, and activities by any qualified individual with a disability. Please call (850) 476-5110 (voice callers) or 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) for further information. Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event in order to allow the ECUA sufficient time to provide the requested accessibility.
GUIDELINES FOR OPEN FORUM
1. Please complete and submit a Speaker’s Registration Form to the ECUA meeting staff attendant and wait to be recognized by the Chairman.
2. If your presentation involves the use of ECUA’s computer system, that presentation must be provided to ECUA’s Information Technology (IT) Department at least one day in advance of the meeting to ensure it is free of any virus/malware.
3. Presentations are limited to five minutes.
4. The Chairman may extend the time allowed if the Chairman determines an extension is necessary in order to allow sufficient time for a presentation. In this event, all persons addressing the same issue shall be allowed a similar extension of time.
5. If a large number of persons have indicated their desire to speak, the Chairman may reduce the time allowed for presentations in order to avoid unduly prolonging the meeting.
6. Presentations are limited to agenda items or other issues related to ECUA.
7. Comments of a personal nature concerning any individual or comments or actions which are disruptive will not be permitted.