ECUA is committed to our visitors’ and employees’ well-being and continues to observe CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19. All attendees at the ECUA Board Room will be required to wear a face mask. For those who do not have their own, one will be available at the meeting.
A REGULAR MEETING OF THE
EMERALD COAST UTILITIES AUTHORITY BOARD
TUESDAY, MARCH 23, 2021, 3:00 p.m.
ECUA BOARD ROOM
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
9255 STURDEVANT STREET
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
4. PUBLIC HEARINGS (None)
5. OPEN FORUM
(a) Recycle Star
(b) Fiscal Year 2020 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Regular Board meeting of February 23, 2021
8. REPORT OF THE ECUA CITIZENS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE OF March 16, 2021
Open Forum – Discussion of Graphics on the EAST TANK – 205 East Cervantes Street, Pensacola, FL
F. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-16
A GENERAL RESOLUTION TO AUTHORIZE AN INCREASE IN ENGINEERING SERVICES BY MOTT MACDONALD GROUP IN THE AMOUNT OF $49,760.70, FOR DESIGN EFFORTS RELATED TO ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS MODIFICATIONS AND UPGRADES AT BLUE ANGEL TARGET LIFT STATION, LS 379.
G. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-17
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING A CHANGE ORDER FOR CIP PROJECT CS318T – INNERARITY ISLAND SEWER EXPANSION AND PAYMENT FROM THE APPROPRIATE LINE ITEM IN THE OPERATING BUDGET.
9. CONSENT AGENDA
(a) Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-18
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE AWARD OF THE ANNUAL SERVICE CONTRACT FOR HVAC EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR SERVICES TO ENGINEERED COOLING SERVICES FOR ECUA’S WATER RECLAMATION FACILITIES AND REGIONAL PUMP STATIONS.
(b) Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-19
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF BID AND AWARDING CONTRACT; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE CONTRACTS WITH MULTIPLE VENDORS FOR REPLACEMENT VEHICLES; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
(c) Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-20
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING A CHANGE ORDER TO THE EMERGENCY PURCHASE ORDER WITH UTILITY SERVICES COMPANY, INC., IN THE AMOUNT OF $119,820.42 FOR CIP PROJECT RI803 – GUILLEMARD STREET TRUNK MAIN EMERGENCY REPLACEMENT, AND AUTHORIZING THE TRANSFER OF PROJECT FUNDS IN THE AMOUNT OF $122,313.79 FROM CIP PROJECT RS0004 – GUILLEMARD DOGHOUSE MANHOLE, AND IN THE AMOUNT OF $85,000 FROM CIP PROJECT RI700 – INFLOW AND INFILTRATION TO CIP PROJECT RI803 – GUILLEMARD STREET TRUNK MAIN EMERGENCY REPLACEMENT.
10. BUDGET REPORT
(a) Budget to Actual Report FY 2021 as of January 31, 2021
(b) Budget to Actual Report FY 2021 as of February 28, 2021
11. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
(a) Pensacola Bay Water Main Inspection – Emergency Work Notification
12. ATTORNEY’S REPORT
13. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
14. NEW BUSINESS
15. BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
16. OPEN FORUM
The next regular meeting of the Emerald Coast Utilities Authority Board is scheduled for Tuesday, April 27, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. in the ECUA Board Room at 9255 Sturdevant Street, Ellyson Industrial Park.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision made by ECUA with respect to any matter considered at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings thereof. Since ECUA does not make verbatim records of its proceedings, such person may need to independently secure such a record, which should include the testimony and evidence on which the appeal is to be based.
Pursuant to the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECUA will make reasonable modifications for access to ECUA services, programs, and activities by any qualified individual with a disability. Please call (850) 476-5110 (voice callers) or 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) for further information. Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event in order to allow the ECUA sufficient time to provide the requested accessibility.
GUIDELINES FOR OPEN FORUM
1. Please complete and submit a Speaker’s Registration Form to the ECUA meeting staff attendant and wait to be recognized by the Chairman.
2. If your presentation involves the use of ECUA’s computer system, that presentation must be provided to ECUA’s Information Technology (IT) Department at least one day in advance of the meeting to ensure it is free of any virus/malware.
3. Presentations are limited to five minutes.
4. The Chairman may extend the time allowed if the Chairman determines an extension is necessary in order to allow sufficient time for a presentation. In this event, all persons addressing the same issue shall be allowed a similar extension of time.
5. If a large number of persons have indicated their desire to speak, the Chairman may reduce the time allowed for presentations in order to avoid unduly prolonging the meeting.
6. Presentations are limited to agenda items or other issues related to ECUA.
7. Comments of a personal nature concerning any individual or comments or actions which are disruptive will not be permitted.