ECUA is committed to our visitors’ and employees’ well-being and continues to observe CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19. All attendees at the ECUA Board Room will be required to wear a face mask. For those who do not have their own, one will be available at the meeting.
A REGULAR MEETING OF THE
EMERALD COAST UTILITIES AUTHORITY BOARD
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2021, 3:00 p.m.
ECUA BOARD ROOM
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
9255 STURDEVANT STREET
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
4. PUBLIC HEARINGS (None)
5. OPEN FORUM
(a) Recycle Star
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
8. CONSENT AGENDA
(a) Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-12
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AUTHORITY TO EXECUTE A UTILITY SERVICES AGREEMENT FOR THE HURST HAMMOCK SUBDIVISION SYSTEM EXTENSION PROJECT FOR WATER AND SEWER, AND AUTHORIZE THE TRANSFER OF FUNDS IN THE AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $105,000 FROM CIP PROJECT NO. RS 121 – LIFT STATION REPLACEMENT AND UPGRADE TO A NEWLY CREATED CIP PROJECT NUMBER FOR THE HURST HAMMOCK DEVELOPMENT PROJECT.
(b) Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-13
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF BID FROM TALCON GROUP, LLC., FOR THE DETROIT BOULEVARD LIFT STATION #50 REPLACEMENT PROJECT IN THE AMOUNT OF $2,400,756, AND AUTHORIZING THE TRANSFER OF PROJECT FUNDS.
(c) Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-14
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE AN INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY OF PENSACOLA FOR THE REIMBURSEMENT OF A WATER MAIN RELOCATION PROJECT ON BURGESS ROAD AND AUTHORIZE THE TRANSFER OF PROJECT FUNDS.
(d) Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-15
A GENERAL RESOLUTION TO THE GRINDER PUMP REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM RELATIVE TO INNERARITY ISLAND SEWER SYSTEM CUSTOMERS; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO DISTRIBUTE FUNDS PER THE BOARD’S DECISION; AND AUTHORIZING A BUDGET TRANSFER OF $120,000 FROM CIP PROJECT CS317 SEWER EXPANSION PROGRAM TO CIP PROJECT CS318 - NON GRAVITY SEWER CONNECTIONS.
9. BUDGET REPORT
(a) First Quarter FY 2021 Interim Financial Statements
10. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
11. ATTORNEY’S REPORT
12. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
13. NEW BUSINESS
14. BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
15. OPEN FORUM
The next regular meeting of the Emerald Coast Utilities Authority Board is scheduled for Tuesday, March 23, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. in the ECUA Board Room at 9255 Sturdevant Street, Ellyson Industrial Park.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision made by ECUA with respect to any matter considered at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings thereof. Since ECUA does not make verbatim records of its proceedings, such person may need to independently secure such a record, which should include the testimony and evidence on which the appeal is to be based.
Pursuant to the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECUA will make reasonable modifications for access to ECUA services, programs, and activities by any qualified individual with a disability. Please call (850) 476-5110 (voice callers) or 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) for further information. Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event in order to allow the ECUA sufficient time to provide the requested accessibility.
GUIDELINES FOR OPEN FORUM
1. Please complete and submit a Speaker’s Registration Form to the ECUA meeting staff attendant and wait to be recognized by the Chairman.
2. If your presentation involves the use of ECUA’s computer system, that presentation must be provided to ECUA’s Information Technology (IT) Department at least one day in advance of the meeting to ensure it is free of any virus/malware.
3. Presentations are limited to five minutes.
4. The Chairman may extend the time allowed if the Chairman determines an extension is necessary in order to allow sufficient time for a presentation. In this event, all persons addressing the same issue shall be allowed a similar extension of time.
5. If a large number of persons have indicated their desire to speak, the Chairman may reduce the time allowed for presentations in order to avoid unduly prolonging the meeting.
6. Presentations are limited to agenda items or other issues related to ECUA.
7. Comments of a personal nature concerning any individual or comments or actions which are disruptive will not be permitted.