ECUA is committed to our visitors’ and employees’ well-being and continues to observe CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19. All attendees at the ECUA Board Room will be required to wear a face mask. For those who do not have their own, one will be available at the meeting.
A REGULAR MEETING OF THE
EMERALD COAST UTILITIES AUTHORITY BOARD
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2020, 3:00 p.m.
ECUA BOARD ROOM
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
9255 STURDEVANT STREET
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
4. PUBLIC HEARINGS (None)
5. OPEN FORUM
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
F. Inflow and Infiltration (I&I) Presentation
G. Recycle Coach App Presentation
H. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR20-71
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE AWARD OF CONTRACT WITH LHOIST NORTH AMERICA FOR BAGGED HYDRATED LIME AT $323.84 PER TON.
9. CONSENT AGENDA
A GENERAL RESOLUTION UTILIZING AN ESCAMBIA COUNTY, FLORIDA, CONTRACT TO PURCHASE UNLEADED AND DIESEL FUEL FROM COUGAR OIL, INC., IN A TOTAL AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $800,000
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING APPROPRIATION OF FUNDS FOR RYDER TRUCK LEASE FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2021
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF BID AND AWARDING
CONTRACT; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT WITH BROWN CONSTRUCTION OF NORTHWEST FLORIDA, INC., FOR $329,792.43, TO COMPLETE THE PENSACOLA BEACH WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT MANHOLE REPLACEMENT AND CURED-IN-PLACE PIPE LINING PROJECT; AUTHORIZING THE USE OF FUNDS FROM THE BUDGET ESTABLISHED FOR CIP PROJECT RS883—PENSACOLA BEACH WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT INFLUENT PIPING.
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF BID AND AWARDING CONTRACT; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT WITH TALCON GROUP, LLC., FOR $1,379,175 TO COMPLETE THE CENTRAL WATER RECLAMATION FACILITY FILTER AND CHLORINE CONTACT CHAMBER FLOW DIVERSION; AUTHORIZING THE USE OF FUNDS FROM THE BUDGET ESTABLISHED FOR THIS PROJECT, CS529—CWRF FILTER & CHLORINE CONTACT CHAMBER FLOW DIVERSION.
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF BID FROM GULF – ATLANTIC CONSTRUCTORS, INC., IN THE AMOUNT OF $211,309.57 FOR EMERGENCY REPLACEMENT OF ANTIQUATED WATER MAINS AND TRANSFER OF PROJECT FUNDS FROM CIP PROJECT RW906.
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE PAYMENT OF THE LAST THREE MONTHS
OF A 12-MONTH CONTRACT FOR THE SUPPLY OF LIME FROM FISCAL YEAR 2021 OPERATING FUNDS.
10. BUDGET REPORT
11. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
12. ATTORNEY’S REPORT
(a) Executive Session
13. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
14. NEW BUSINESS
15. BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
16. OPEN FORUM
The next regular meeting of the Emerald Coast Utilities Authority Board is scheduled for Tuesday, January 26, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. in the ECUA Board Room at 9255 Sturdevant Street, Ellyson Industrial Park.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision made by ECUA with respect to any matter considered at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings thereof. Since ECUA does not make verbatim records of its proceedings, such person may need to independently secure such a record, which should include the testimony and evidence on which the appeal is to be based.
Pursuant to the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECUA will make reasonable modifications for access to ECUA services, programs, and activities by any qualified individual with a disability. Please call (850) 476-5110 (voice callers) or 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) for further information. Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event in order to allow the ECUA sufficient time to provide the requested accessibility.
GUIDELINES FOR OPEN FORUM
1. Please complete and submit a Speaker’s Registration Form to the ECUA meeting staff attendant and wait to be recognized by the Chairman.
2. If your presentation involves the use of ECUA’s computer system, that presentation must be provided to ECUA’s Information Technology (IT) Department at least one day in advance of the meeting to ensure it is free of any virus/malware.
3. Presentations are limited to five minutes.
4. The Chairman may extend the time allowed if the Chairman determines an extension is necessary in order to allow sufficient time for a presentation. In this event, all persons addressing the same issue shall be allowed a similar extension of time.
5. If a large number of persons have indicated their desire to speak, the Chairman may reduce the time allowed for presentations in order to avoid unduly prolonging the meeting.
6. Presentations are limited to agenda items or other issues related to ECUA.
7. Comments of a personal nature concerning any individual or comments or actions which are disruptive will not be permitted.