ECUA is committed to our visitors’ and employees’ well-being and continues to observe CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19. All attendees at the ECUA Board Room will be required to wear a face mask. For those who do not have their own, one will be available at the meeting.
A REGULAR MEETING OF THE
EMERALD COAST UTILITIES AUTHORITY BOARD
TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2021, 3:00 p.m.
ECUA BOARD ROOM
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
9255 STURDEVANT STREET
ELLYSON INDUSTRIAL PARK
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
4. PUBLIC HEARINGS (None)
5. OPEN FORUM
(a) Recycle Star
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Regular Board meeting of March 23, 2021
8. REPORT OF THE ECUA CITIZENS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE OF April 20, 2021
Open Forum - Presentation of Plaque honoring Mr. Barry Tweedie
F. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-21
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF BID AND AWARDING OF A CONTRACT; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT WITH CHAVERS CONSTRUCTION, INC., OF PENSACOLA, FLORIDA, FOR $115,710 TO INSTALL LOW PRESSURE FORCE MAIN FOR THE MIRAMAR DRIVE LOW PRESSURE SEWER EXPANSION PROJECT; AUTHORIZING THE TRANSFER AND USE OF FUNDS.
G. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-22
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT WITH BROWN CONSTRUCTION OF NORTHWEST FLORIDA, INC., FOR THE TARRAGONA 12-INCH WATER MAIN RELOCATION PROJECT; AUTHORIZING THE TRANSFER OF PROJECT FUNDS; AND PROVIDE AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
H. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-23
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF A SOLE SOURCE ANNUAL EMERGENCY SERVICES CONTRACT FOR SEWER HAULING AND VACUUM TANKER SERVICES FOR EMERALD COAST UTILITIES AUTHORITY FACILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE.
I. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-24
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF BID AND AWARDING OF A CONTRACT; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT WITH AUTOMATION CONTROL SERVICE, LLC., OF PENSACOLA, FLORIDA, FOR $101,820 TO PROVIDE A SYSTEM CONTROL PANEL AND VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE ALONG WITH ASSOCIATED INTEGRATION, COORDINATION, AND STUDY AT THE NINE MILE BOOSTER PUMP SITE; AUTHORIZING THE USE OF FUNDS FROM A CIP BUDGET.
J. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-25
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE SOLE SOURCE PURCHASE OF NEW VALVE INSERTION EQUIPMENT FROM CONSOLIDATED PIPE SUPPLY COMPANY, INC., IN THE AMOUNT OF $67,105.68 FOR THE REGIONAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT.
K. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-26
A GENERAL RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A PROPOSAL AND ISSUE A PURCHASE ORDER TO ELEMECH, INC., FOR UPGRADES TO THE PORTALOGIC AUTOMATED HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SYSTEM FOR THE SEPTAGE HAULER ACCESS STATION AT THE CENTRAL WATER RECLAMATION FACILITY IN THE AMOUNT OF $77,864.
L. Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-27
A GENERAL RESOLUTION TO ESTABLISH A NEW PROJECT AND AUTHORIZE A PROPOSAL FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES BY MOTT MACDONALD IN THE AMOUNT OF $133,088, FOR DESIGN EFFORTS RELATED TO ARC FLASH ANALYSIS AND BREAKER COORDINATION AT THIRTY-THREE WATER WELL AND/OR BOOSTER PUMP LOCATIONS.
9. CONSENT AGENDA
(a) Adoption of General Resolution No. GR21-28
A GENERAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO SIGN AN ENGINEERING SERVICES PROPOSAL IN THE AMOUNT OF $130,250 FROM FABRE ENGINEERING & SURVEYING FOR DESIGN OF A WATER TREATMENT FACILITY TO REPLACE THE EXISTING WATER TREATMENT FACILITY AT THE WEST WELL; AUTHORIZING THE USE OF FUNDS FROM RW819 WEST WELL WATER TREATMENT FACILITY REPLACEMENT.
10. BUDGET REPORT
(a) Budget to Actual Report FY 2021 as of March 31, 2021
11. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
12. ATTORNEY’S REPORT
13. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
ECUA Citizens’ Advisory Committee District 4 Seat Vacancy
14. NEW BUSINESS
15. BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
16. OPEN FORUM
The next regular meeting of the Emerald Coast Utilities Authority Board is scheduled for Tuesday, May 25, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. in the ECUA Board Room at 9255 Sturdevant Street, Ellyson Industrial Park.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision made by ECUA with respect to any matter considered at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings thereof. Since ECUA does not make verbatim records of its proceedings, such person may need to independently secure such a record, which should include the testimony and evidence on which the appeal is to be based.
Pursuant to the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECUA will make reasonable modifications for access to ECUA services, programs, and activities by any qualified individual with a disability. Please call (850) 476-5110 (voice callers) or 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) for further information. Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event in order to allow the ECUA sufficient time to provide the requested accessibility.
GUIDELINES FOR OPEN FORUM
1. Please complete and submit a Speaker’s Registration Form to the ECUA meeting staff attendant and wait to be recognized by the Chairman.
2. If your presentation involves the use of ECUA’s computer system, that presentation must be provided to ECUA’s Information Technology (IT) Department at least one day in advance of the meeting to ensure it is free of any virus/malware.
3. Presentations are limited to five minutes.
4. The Chairman may extend the time allowed if the Chairman determines an extension is necessary in order to allow sufficient time for a presentation. In this event, all persons addressing the same issue shall be allowed a similar extension of time.
5. If a large number of persons have indicated their desire to speak, the Chairman may reduce the time allowed for presentations in order to avoid unduly prolonging the meeting.
6. Presentations are limited to agenda items or other issues related to ECUA.
7. Comments of a personal nature concerning any individual or comments or actions which are disruptive will not be permitted.