ECUA is planning the replacement of two valves on the six-inch and eight-inch water mains located on Hernandez Street at 11th and 12th Avenues. The work will be done by a contractor, is scheduled to begin on Thursday, March 24, and is expected to take approximately eight hours. During that time, water service will be interrupted to approximately 67 service connections in the area listed below (also see map), including some units in the McMillan Manor Apartments.
Work will be conducted from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 24. The outage area will include the following service connections:
· McMillan Manor Apartments: Units G through Q ONLY
· E. Jordan Street, from 10th Avenue to 12th Avenue
· Hernandez Street, Address Range: 1100 to 1211 and 1300 to 1312
· N. 11th Avenue, from E. Jordan Street to E. Lakeview Street
· N. 12th Avenue, Address Range: 2001 to 2045
· 2001 N. 14th Avenue
· 1100 and 1150 E. Lakeview Avenue
· Fairnie Avenue, from E. Lakeview Avenue to N. 10th Avenue
Map of Outage Area
Once work is completed, the water lines will be flushed and a Precautionary Boil Water Notice (PBWN) will be in effect. A separate notice for the PBWN will be issued at that time. There is a possibility of residual discolored water in the outage area as a result of the utility work, despite the flushed-out lines. In this case, residents may flush their home’s plumbing by running the taps for a few minutes. If problems persist, customers are asked to contact ECUA Customer Service at 850-476-0480 for assistance.
# # #