Beginning July 1st, 2023, bulk waste service is call-for-pickup!
Residents can call Customer Service by 2pm the day before your regular collection day to schedule a bulk waste pickup, which will take place on your normal collection day.
Bulk waste is considered to be items that are too large to fit into your trash can. Examples include:
· General furniture (couches, mattresses, desks, chairs, dressers, area rugs)
· Small appliances (vacuum cleaners, microwaves, space heaters, toasters and toaster ovens)
· Lawnmowers (free from gasoline and oil)
· Large toys (including electronic toys- please remove any lithium-ion batteries)
· Household electronics (computer monitors (CRTs and Flat Panels), computers (desktop and laptop), keyboards, mouses, printers, scanners, copy and fax machines, televisions (CRTs and Flat Screen), stereos, radios, CD and tape players, VCRs, video game systems, telephones, cell phones, and rechargeable batteries)
Starting July 1st, 2023, customers will be required to call to schedule or receive a pick-up. Items should be placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the regular collection day, but no sooner than 48 hours before the collection day. Pile the bulky waste items at a curbside area that is free of overhanging tree limbs, wires, and/or cable boxes. Be careful not to block traffic. ECUA will collect one (1) 6’ W x 6’ D x 6’ H-pile of bulk items weekly. NO HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE OR CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please note that building debris (such as but not limited to: fencing, carpet, and sheetrock), extra trash bags of clothing or garbage, or other small items will not be collected as bulk waste. If you have excess trash that is not considered bulk items, you may request an extra sanitation pick-up or order an additional can (additional fees apply).