ECUA yard and bulk waste collection crews resumed normal collection operations impacted by Hurricane Sally on the week of October 12, 2020. Escambia County contractors have been collecting hurricane debris and waste, and have announced that their final pass will begin on December 1. For more information see the ‘Take it to the Curb by Dec. 1’ video or this press release.
ECUA yard waste crews are collecting piles of yard waste that are within normal ECUA yard waste collection guidelines and because ECUA crews load yard waste by hand, the following guidelines are in place:
In Escambia County-
- ECUA yard waste collection includes two, six-foot by six-foot piles of limbs and branches in which all items are less than 40 pounds and six feet or less in length. All logs, stumps, or root balls must weigh less than 40 pounds to be collected. Yard waste crews will also collect up to 20 bags or cans of bagged yard waste such as grass clippings or leaves. Grass clippings or leaves which are not bagged or placed in a can will not be collected by the ECUA. Yard waste should never be placed in the ECUA recycling can.
- ECUA bulk waste collection crews are collecting bulk waste within normal ECUA guidelines, which includes one, six-foot by six-foot pile of household bulk waste. Household bulk waste includes furniture, toys, mattresses, and other household items that are too large to fit in the garbage can. Household bulk waste does not include building materials or construction debris, fencing, or bags of garbage. All garbage and small items must be placed in the ECUA garbage container to be collected.
In Santa Rosa County-
- Yard waste must be bundled per normal guidelines: Place bagged, bundled, or canned yard waste within two feet of the curb and away from the street/road. Small yard waste, leaves, pine straw and grass clippings must be contained in standard garbage containers or plastic or paper bags that do not exceed 32 gallons in size, or weigh more than 50 pounds when full. Cut limbs should not exceed six feet in length, eighteen (18) inches in diameter or 50 pounds in weight, and must be bundled. Bundles shall be securely tied.
- Bulk Item collections are available upon request for regular bulk items, NOT storm debris. Customers are asked to call Customer Service at 476-0480 to schedule a pick-up. Household bulk waste does not include building materials or construction debris, fencing, or bags of garbage. All garbage and small items must be placed in the ECUA garbage container to be collected.
- Storm debris is being collected by Santa Rosa County contractors. Please visit their website for more information on the collection of hurricane debris.